Friday, April 7, 2017

Amazon Wisdom Keeper Book Cover


I was so happy to see Loraine's cover for Amazon Wisdom Keeper: A Psychologist's Memoir of Spiritual Awakening. It's exactly as I imagined: green, with Loraine on the cover, and the beautiful Blue Morpho.

Loraine's book will be available in October of 2017 through She Writes Press.

I worked with Loraine as her editor over the course of three or four drafts on her memoir. She has a beautiful writing style and we worked a lot on pulling out personal elements of her story--such as her relationship with her husband--and making sure the academic aspect of the book was accessible to readers. Another thing we worked on was making sure that her spiritual journey and inner unfoldment were also relatable.

I loved reading about Loraine's rich upbringing in Suriname and really thinking about the complexity of understanding identity in a culture that is a blend of cultures and then moving to the United States where understanding identity becomes even further complicated.

Loraine is a wildly intelligent woman. I hope her book inspires readers in the way it did me. To read more about Loraine, click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment